Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Magic

Magic (Featuring Julee Cruise)
~ ‘Chimera’ album – Delerium

When you walked into the room
I found I couldn’t even move
There was magic in your eyes
(I tried to hide, but then I knew)
You could see inside my mind

There is magic in the air tonight
There is magic in the air tonight
There is magic in the air tonight
There is magic in the air

When you touched my hand I knew
That I had helplessly fallen for you
You had cast a spell on me
(I was blinded, but)
You were all that I could see

Cause there is magic in the air tonight
Yes there is magic in the air tonight
There is magic in the air tonight
There is magic in the air

Now the moon is full tonight
So maybe this is why I’ve lost my mind
But the spell you cast on me
Has made me feel so free
I think we’re gonna fly away, up to the stars
And I don’t even know who you are
Maybe it’s just an old superstition, but
You’re a warlock aren’t you?

Cause there is magic in the air tonight
Yes there is magic in the air tonight

* * *
Some days I can take it. Today's one of them. In fact, I am enthralled. By 'Magic'. I need distraction.

Truth be told, work has me numb. I'm just cruising along, trying to finish the March/April issue. Once that's done, I'm going look at some serious 'Out-of-the-house' weekend stayaways with my fren A.

The real truth is that my mind's been totally fucked up since last weekend over what my mum said about my brother. That he will be affected by my absence, and that she's worried that he'll get his fits attack again with me not around. And I got totally knocked off my feet and landed so hard my butt hurt.

I scramble to cover up the panic and fear (and I hate to admit it, worry) under a blanket and sit on the recalcitrant culprits, I asked if it would helped that I stay a few nights over at A.'s house, to get him to get used to me not being around. And she said maybe, yeah.

Fine. I have a few places I can do that with. Meanwhile, I'm keeping the lease on the demons, and locking them up, and not looking at them.

Stay. Stay! STAY!