Saturday, October 23, 2004

At Bernard's

Just came back from an evening out with the gurls.

It was raining kittens and puppies. But I love it. It’s the rainy season now, according to my gurlfren A., as we sped towards the mamak restaurant Rasta (we were late) to meet another gurlfren MS. for dinner, because it’s the Nine God Birthday festival (Gao Wong Tan), and it always rains the whole month.

Anyhow reached there and had dinner. MS. had wanted to meet cos she wanted to moan about her current failed relationship with a jerk of a player. My fren A. had warned her but she refused to listen. Now she’s fallen in love with the bugger and she can’t seem to forget about his dick, oops, him, and we were trying to convince her to get over him and find someone better. She keeps saying his dick is huge and yummy. *groan* Everything throughout dinner, and drinks later, reminded her of him. man

Then we adjourned to this really nice pub-cum-bistro place called Bernard’s. it’s a lovely place. I like it a lot. Even though old ah pehs go there. Used to hang out there with another fren, but stopped going for awhile bcos of work. But it’s a good place to hang out and drink and play pool.

And met another fren ML. there. But didn’t go over to her cos I didn’t think it was good to interrupt what seemed like a date to me. And I smsed her even though she was just a stone’s throw away! Lol…

Me: is this your date?

ML: no, he’s not here yet.

Ok. My frens and I started to request songs cos the band was rather good. They call themselves the President’s Men. Ok. Nice name, I thought. We chatted a bit, then unanimously agreed to go for a round of pool before heading off. ML. came over just as I was about to enter the pool room. She looked a bit tipsy.

Me: you… are you drunk?

Ml: how can you tell?

With the band playing on, I didn’t want to shout in her ear that she had this overly bright look in her eyes. Reminded me of the time my 'god-daughter' got drunk and ended up sleeping with this junior of mine long ago in Australia. Ah well…

I’m hopeless at pool. My arms don’t have the strength to hit the ball surely to enter the net. Naturally one game took longer than what others would spend on one game. The other table were these two guys. One was a skinny Chinese/Malay looking guy and the other was this really hunky (as in meaty, not good-looking) mixed-raced guy. He was nice. Now and then he made a joke to the room in general, which was just we 3 gurls and him and his buddy! Lol…But we had fun.

When the black ball went into the net, we agreed to pack up the cues and leave. I bumped into ML outside and she was definitely drunk by then. She was swaying. I had to grab her arm a bit when we crossed each other.

Me: you okay?? you can drive or not?

ML: can…. (didn't sound very convincing to me though)

Me: alright. I’ll talk to you tomorrow then. Be careful you dun get ‘eaten’.

Then again, I wouldn’t mind being ‘eaten’ by someone nice. If I can find one. And she’s looking for someone nice too.

Ok. Eyes drooping. Stamina hasn’t been the same since my major illness early this year. sigh…