Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Silly people with silliness

I’m very frustrated with this gurlfren of mine. She is my college-uni mate, and she was my colleague at two different companies in a row, at different timings I left and then she left, and ended up the same place. Imagine my chagrin when she joined me at the second company that was known for being a fucked-up place without asking me about the organisation first before signing on the dotted line. When I left that god-forsaken place I lost track of her, but I did hear that she had resigned too.

Just this morning she suddenly popped online at MSN. Naturally I seized the opportunity to ask her how she was and what she was doing and where she was based.

And like my previous experience with her, she was neither forthcoming nor open about her current situation, to the point she was flippant and coy. It was like trying to capture water with a sieve. She didn’t answer my questions directly and even made funny faces with the messenger.

Finally I got mad and used caps to emphasised that I wanted answers.

She: why so fierce?

Me: becos I ask you questions and you dun answer them!

She: hehehe…

See what I mean? Extremely frustrating and irritating. I mean, what's with the coyness??

I finally got a bit of gist in bits and pieces, which is she basically got married for about a year already and she was running her own tuition centre. I’m like… just tell it straight in simple English and in short structured sentences!! *imagine me waving my arms in the air in agitation* What’s so difficult about updating your friends about what you were doing? Why is it so difficult to find out what you have been doing all this while?!

Since we both knew her, I vented my frus to my best fren online (the one who finally installed MSN in her office) and she said there was no point being mad, and that there was a simple explanation behind this kind of attitude.

They just don’t want to bother with reaching out to their friends.

Let’s not even go to the ‘You-got-married-and-you-didn’t-let-your-friends-know-or-invite-them-to-the-dinner?’ part.

I’m not mad with that part even. I’m simply fucking frustrated with people who can’t have a proper conversation about their long absence.

Me: so who’s the lucky guy? what does he do?

Note the normal query and genuine interest in a fren’s life?

She: will let you know once I meet you in the future. (and she logs off suddenly!!)

Note the SILLY reply to a perfectly normal query and genuine interest in a fren’s life?!?!?!?!?!?! And note the logging off without even a ‘Bye’??!?!! What the fuck is wrong with these people???