Friday, August 20, 2004

Incomprehensible love and affection

I’m in a loving mood. I don’t know why, but I am suddenly effused with this overwhelming and encompassing love for my loved ones.

And it’s all because of technology!

We have yahoo messenger, hotmail MSN, and ICQ. Ain’t technology grand? Ain’t love grander because of it?

On ICQ, I have my bestest of best friends. We had a hard time letting go when I left Singapore for Malaysia. We had joy, we had fun, we really had seasons in the sun. There was a time when I hurt her, and I hurt more thinking that I could hurt her so badly, for being so insensitive. But as bestest of best friends are apt to do, we worked it out, and we got over it, and we moved on, and continued to be the bestest of best friends. I never fail to have this amazing amount of love and affection for her, never fail to thank God for giving me her for a friend. Till the day I die, I will never regret knowing her, because I have in her a kindred spirit, a soul mate, a companion of the heart.

On MSN, I have my dearest cousin of all cousins. Though he is difficult to understand, he has always been there to support me. He has shown me sensitivity and love, and immense understanding through the trying times when it cannot be easy to comprehend me. This promises him to be a good man to his future wife. And yet, I am unable to reach him because I don’t understand him enough to help him through his trying times. But then again, we’re too far apart. He in Melbourne and I in KL. I ache for his pain, but I know I could not help him much, other than in spirit, because he has to find a way to compromise the way he was brought up and the way he has tried to carve his own life.

And recently, my best friend has decided to join the Messenger world because she was too honest with company policy of ‘No Internet Messengers’ and downloads, blah blah blah. Such a sticker for company policies! After nearly 2 years of such stringent chains and sickening office dynamics (not unlike mine) she couldn’t care less and decided, Who the fuck cares! Picture me standing on the chair and going, ‘You go, gurl!!’ :) Now I have another buddy to bitch to in the office!! :P

On both MSN and Yahoo, I have a few good buddies and I have a good amount of ex-students whom I regular check up on, as to their progress at college and whenever they need any advice. I miss them… I think I miss teaching more. They continually ask me when I’m going back to teach them again. Awww…. such darlings. But I think I’m lucky. I have a goodly amount of friends and acquaintances that I try to keep track of and update myself on their whereabouts.

But I wish I could get hold of my adopted son in San Francisco. We lost contact suddenly cos he has not been to his ICQ. He was going through lots of rough patches for the past 2 or 3 odd years. By now I reckon his baby would be close to a year old now? Two years old? I wish I had money, then I can go hunt him down over there. I’m worried, but I dunno how to reach him.

Anyhow, I’m just filled with this totally incomprehensible amount of love for the people in my life and for technology. God, I love Messengers!!!