Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Another 25 things about me

Man, compiling this 25 more things about me wasn't easy. But here we are.

(Read 1-25 things first)

26. I buy flowers for myself ‘cos no one buys them for me, and also I read somewhere that placing white chrysanthemums on your table is calming and I’m so stressed out at work.

27. I love rain. Nothing more soothing and beautiful than the falling rain or dancing in the rain.

28. I don’t travel well and I tend to get grumpy and growl when people try to start a conversation with me.

29. I’m also not fit to talk to in the morning when I first get up. So don’t expect me to jump up from bed, singing what a beautiful morning.

30. I have a habit of suddenly erupting into a snort or some sound of self-disgust or a short hum, because something stupid or embarrassing that I did before popped into my head.

31. I love singing in the bathroom, in the car, in the office, anywhere.

32. I like listening to sad, soulful, suicidal-like songs.

33. Once I latch onto the song of the moment, I play it repeatedly, much to the chagrin of my colleagues. Muahahahahaaa…

34. I talk in my sleep. I laugh in my sleep.

35. I love bananas, but I hate banana cake, as well as, chocolate banana and any bizarre combination that includes banana. Yuck!

36. I want to either live forever (because I truly want to see the world evolve or deteriorate) or die tragically… ok, that was a little dramatic. I think I would prefer dying in my sleep or suddenly with no pain.

37. I am weird but I revel in it. I don’t look or consider many things as normally as other people. There are times when I know something which I really shouldn’t, couldn’t. Where the information came from I cannot tell; I can only speculate that it is an accumulation of knowledge gathered over the many lifetimes I’ve lived.

38. I am a good friend. I love my heart friends like a dragon loves its gold. I want to keep them safe all the time, but I know I can’t. If I can, I will go out of my way to help. If I cannot, then I suffer inside.

39. I am not beautiful, or pretty. At best I think I can describe myself as fierce looking or possess a piercing countenance.

40. As a result, I don’t know how to take compliments, other than to smile deprecatingly and say ‘Thank you’.

41. But I cry at the simplest sentimental scene.

42. I love and know how to make sushi.

43. I don’t like to touch money, because it’s dirty, and I feel compelled to wash my hands after touching them.

44. I still love to watch cartoons, at my age. (And I don’t care what other people say!)

45. I love Japanese manga.

46. My brother is autistic. I don’t know what to do for him most times. He is very quiet and loves watching cartoon, Bruce Lee, Jean-Claude Van Damm and James Bond movies.

47. I don’t aspire to own certain cars, but I’ve driven a Nissan Datsun, Kancil, Wira, Ford Explorer, Cefiro, Sentra and Perdana. Next CNY holidays let me see if I can persuade my uncle to let me drive his BMW.

48. I hurt when I see dead cats and dogs on the roadside. I wish I could stop the car and pick them up and take them somewhere where their remains will be taken care off, but I can’t just stop driving, because usually it is around corners, too soon after the traffic light, or an extremely busy road.

49. I have a dream of starting a shelter for animals, particularly cats and dogs. I’ve even thought of a name – Animal Haven. Not very original name, I know. But it’s gonna be filled with cats! And dogs!

50. And if I can, I wanna make it into an international thing. I wanna go global! Some dream, eh?