Thursday, August 05, 2004

Rabbity dog or doggie rabbit

For some odd reason I dreamt of my late grandmother last night. But perhaps it was because I had a ‘conversation’ with someone about dreaming of late grandmothers! You know who you are…

It wasn’t my old house. I used to dream lots of strange things in that house. I think I’m doomed to forever find myself haunting the house in my dreams. Perhaps I should make another trip back to the house and see if I can lay some elusive ghostly sentiment to rest? But then again, if it didn’t work the first time, should it work the second time? I wonder if the family that stays there now will let me in…

I dreamt I was in a house, that was quite spacious but long, unlike my old house, that was more square-ish and wide. This was lengthy. The front door opened to a long and wide walkway that had tasteful waiting chairs and sofas, with a few ornamental vases, which then opened wider to a living room, completely with sofa, coffee table and wide wall mirror hanging above the sofa seats pushed against the wall. At the end of the living room was a set of bathrooms, one of which refused to lock, no matter how I latch and kick the door shut. On the right immediately after entering, a little corridor led to stairs that obviously went up to the second level of rooms. There was a small window at the stairs. A little further along the walkway was a room that my grandmother was sleeping in.

It was surprisingly messy inside; her big luggage bag was flung open with clothes spilling out. Some smaller bags were at the side against the wall, equally messy with items and clothing spilling out. The bed was not made and she was inside huffing around clearing up. I think she was leaving. I think she must have stayed for some time already. Now she’s preparing to leave. But not that day, I think.

But I wasn’t so concerned with her being there, as much as the pet rabbit that I seemed to have adopted, when and how I don’t recall. The odd thing about it is though, is that it thought it was a dog. I liked to cuddle against me like a puppy, and when I put it down, it snuggled as close as it could to me. I had name for it, but I can’t remember it now for the life of me.

Then I went to the front door as I thought I heard a knock. At the door, the rabbit went spiralling round me madly, much like a dog that wanted to be let out of the house, and then it sat its hunches down, and looked up panting, looking hopefully at me.

The first thing I thought of when I woke up was, ‘God! A rabbit that thinks it’s a dog! What will I dream of next?’

But now I feel like getting a rabbit... How?




Woke up to: 'Home' - Simply Red
Yes, I want to go to my 'own' home. Which is unattainable for the next 1 year or so. Sigh.