Thursday, July 29, 2004

25 things about me

Wanted to do 100 things about me, but it takes too long to work on. So I'm following another blogger's example by doing it in batches. Here's 25 things about me.

1.      I’m a simple gurl.

2.      I am a cat lover.

3.      I have 7 cats, whose names are Pierre, Samantha, Tikka, Felix, Simon, Frankie, Henri. But they’re all stuffed toys.

4.      I’ve never owned a real cat, bcos my parents hate cats.

5.      Instead I’ve had dogs, whose names were Tracy (he died of old age when I was 9), Lassie (she had to be put down becos she was crazy, seriously), Peppy and Droopy (sisters – totally different characters), Koalie (he looked like a koala bear during puppyhood), and Cookie (the sweetest little gurl who never barked).

6.      I was born in the year of the Dragon.

7.      I’m a Scorpio.

8.      I’m a multitude of contradictions; Dragon (fire element) and Scorpio (water element).

9.      I’ve had weird dreams all my life. I didn’t so much have nightmares, as much as I had weird dreams.

10.  I still have dreams of my old house in Ipoh, with weird scenes with different people in the kitchen, the livingroom, the 2nd floor bedroom, the master bedroom, the landing, the garden, the TV room, and everywhere.

11.  I dream of my late grandmother a lot, whom I never got to see one last time.

12.  I’m afraid of sleeping, to a certain degree.

13.  I was born in Ipoh, a sleepy small town that was upgraded and blossomed into a city in the early 80s. I think. But it’s terribly crowded now.

14.  I’ve lived there all my childhood life, till I went to Singapore for ‘O’ Levels.

15.  Not all Singaporeans are ‘kiasu’ or that bad. 3 of my best friends are Singaporeans.

16.  I love bubble tea. I liked going to a pretty little café that served really nice bubble tea in Orchard Road, Spore.

17.  I hate pink. Can’t stand this colour.

18.  I follow Catholic ways but am not baptised, due to an unpleasant incident in Sunday School, when the teacher got irritated by me asking questions and declared to the whole class that I was not interested in learning about Christ and that they should not follow my example because I was not serious. I went home, told my mom, and never went back for classes.

19.  I believe in God, but I don’t believe and follow all the ‘rules and laws’ that have been passed down.

20.  I believe in reincarnation.

21.  I didn’t have a happy childhood. My mother and I have been loggerheads with each other since I was born. Till today she still finds ways to create conflict with me.

22.  At the moment I believe that I am to atone for my past wrongs done to my parents. That’s the only reason that I can justify why I was born to them.

23.  I used to think that I didn’t want children, didn’t dare to have them, because I was terrified I would turn out like my mother. But now, I do want them. I think it’s because I hear my biological clock ticking.

24.  Also because I am a proud aunt to my favourite cousin’s cute little boy.

25. But I want to adopt them, not conceive them in my womb. In my mind, the world is filled with too many abandoned children. Why not take them in and give them love instead? I’ve decided on 4 – 2 boys, 2 gurls.