Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I scared 3 men last night… and I was naughty

Waahahahhaaa… it’s 4 o’clock, on the dot, and I’m back in the office!! Waahahahhahahaaa…. Ok. But before I go into the naughty part, I wanna talk about the ‘I scared 3 men last night’ incident.

I had dinner with 3 friends last night and after that we walked a bit, to let the food go through the various levels of acid. And we went to the Pet Wonderland. As we turned into the cat section, yes, my kin!, I heard a loud ‘rhioooww’, and I answered automatically. 3 men just standing in front of my meowing kin’s cage jumped and exclaimed the equivalent of (I'm guessing) ‘Jesus!’ in their native language. My guess is they’re either Iraqis, Iranian, or Saudi Arabian. They had those little woollen caps on and spotting curly beards. I wanted to burst into laughter but I gave a demure smile and ‘Sorry’, because they looked sincerely shocked at a runaway cat right behind them!

Now if I had any liquor during dinner, I might just have been a bit more wicked by stretching out my hands in the form of a clawing cat paw and meowed at them more. But I didn’t have any alcohol… damn!

Ok. So I’m a sadist!! Waaahahahhahahaaaaa….

Now. Right now I’m feeling, much a like woman who had sneaked out at lunchtime, to have a little tryst with her lover, at some topnotch hotel; had a wonderful time being thoroughly loved (now, the day I do get to sneak out of the office to jump into the bed of some 5-star hotel to have sweaty sex with a lover, will be a most momentous day indeed, which would deserve breaking out the champagne and dancing naked throughout the house! Not that I haven’t danced naked throughout the house, mind you, but that’s a wholly different story why I was dancing naked through the house, granted it was a long, LONG time ago. *reminiscing*), and looked it, pleased as Punch (and I wondered why on earth we make idioms and descriptions after inanimate objects. - And people wonder why foreigners think that English is some convoluted language! I don't blame them - I mean, why ‘pleased as Punch’? Is it because he had a Judy? Well, bloody hell! I’m a Judy without a Punch!!! Let’s not even talk about why I don’t have a Punch!!), and grinning non-stop since I left the cinema.

I feel like the Cheshire Cat!!!

Yes, I left the office at 12-ish and drove like a madwoman to the cinema and spent close to 3 and a half hours outside. (see – I was calculating that the show was only, at the very least 2 and a half hours. So since the show started at 1pm, I thought I could get back into the office by 3.30pm. But it finished at 3.15pm, and I needed about 25 mins to get back, so… *counting fingers* there was no way I would be in the office BY 3.30pm!)

At the traffic light, conversing with my evil voice:-

Evil voice in the head: Well, duh! Don’t forget to count the 5 traffics lights and ridiculous jammed area your office block is situated. Thank the Sweet Lord you didn’t take up accounting!


Me: Shut up!
 
Playing hookey, no less. But it felt good!!! Man, it was like a rush of such utter bliss, sitting in the dark cinema, enjoying a good movie, while no one knew (well, some will know now! But at least they are NOT my colleagues!! Muahahahahaa), with my favourite bubble tea!!! Waahahahahaaaaa….

My colleague just commented on my smiling like a maniac to myself.

“Smiling to yourself? What naughty thing did you do?” she wagged her finger at me. I blinked innocently and smiled more.

Yes, today is a good day. Yes, sirree, indeedie. *big smiley contented face*