Thursday, October 14, 2004

For Cris's Sake Go Ahead!

Has any of you ever felt frustrated when a friend accuses, ok, not so much ‘accuse’ as ‘say’, that you should have said it again, like, say a few more times that it was okay to try the meal you were having, that it was okay to peek through your magazine, that it was okay to impose on something?

I’m frustrated cos this happened two days in a row. I mean, I already said it was okay once, and a second time. What more do you want?

The first was when I went out to this friend’s cousin’s newly opened restaurant. My colleague asked if she could follow and I said, sure, no problem, after all it was new, and they would certainly welcome the extra customer. She then says, oh, it’s alright, I don’t think so. I told it was no problem and said, come, let’s go together. And she said no again. Ok, fine, I left on my own.

When I got back and said how nice it was, she said why didn’t I ask her to go. I said I did! She said I should have said a few more times.

I’m like… okey….

The second was when my ex-colleague came over for lunch, and I ordered something which she said she should have too (she ordered something else). I said she was welcomed to have some of mine. She said, no, it’s alright. When my food arrived, I placed a spoon on her side and said again that she could have some. But she didn’t.

When I finished, after awhile, she made the comment to the other colleague (there were 4 of us) that I wasn’t sincere (she said it jokingly of course) in offering her my food. I said the spoon was there, you didn’t pick up, fine, I finished it. And she said I should have said it a few more times again.

Aarrggghhh!! What’s with these people!?! I mean, I don’t want to be a nag and keep telling you that it’s ok, go ahead. Come on, I’m very open, and you are my friend, go ahead!! Sheesh…

But then again, I guess I’m very used to this behaviour with my close friend, my gang, or my school mates. After we’ve known each other for years. Perhaps colleagues and ex-colleagues are less certain?

I’m definitely sick. My nose’s red and I’m feeling shitty. Think I will go on MC tomorrow.