Monday, October 04, 2004

Reflections: Clearer paths

I think I see a clearer picture of things after this morning’s interview.

I’ve had two interviews lined up for today; one at 9am with this (later I found out) wonderful lady Nancy Morse, who’s a health expert on so many things, one of which is on evening primrose oil, and the second one at 2pm with Tony Buzan, who had to bail out on me last year because of a tight schedule, and who is right now, even wanting to change the time, again, for the interview because our ‘dear’ former prime minister wanted to chat with him, so guess who had to be adaptable?!!

But I digress, again. As I was saying, ‘I can see clearly now the rain has gone’ – ala what’s-his-name… R. Kelly! Actually, the ‘rain’ just came in. I think part of the frustration I’d been feeling must be due to the fact that I was expecting my period, which is like, almost 2 weeks overdue, and it came just after my interview finished this morning. Talk about timing. And I guess some of the guys are groaning out loud on information overload, while the women are slapping their hands on their forehead. Sorry, guys! I seriously don’t see why it has to be spoken in hush-hush, when all men come from women and all women know what other women have. So there. It's like when I was telling my guy colleague that 'sales' is the time to buy new bras. I mean, everyone knows that women wear bras!!! Come on, be a little more liberated in conversation, okay!!!

As I said, I see clearer now. This wonderful lady Nancy is from Canada and I could finally ask her what was all the fuss and joke (albeit, patronizing) about the Canadian health system. And she mentioned that there was this Health Organisation that was progressing in terms of providing training in herbal and natural medicine for people who want to specialize in it and who are already in the business of selling natural products and information. And I asked if they accepted outsiders, like overseas people, and she said it should.

It got me thinking. This meeting with this fellow at my ex-colleagues wedding. And the ever-present desire in myself to know more about natural medicine. The dishing out of healthy knowledge read from books to friends and family. It all seem to be telling me to do something about it. But I didn’t know what to hell to do with it!! Now I think I do. I think I should look into educating myself in natural and herbal medicine and therapies, to the best of my available means, and then working on it some, so that I can offer more credible information and advice to people.

I read somewhere that ‘it is a happy person who can serve’.

And I am. I am happy to be able to offer information on healthy tips and stuff to people. I only lack more information. What I know and what I have been able to offer, has only been because of my own personal experience. But if I didn’t experience that condition, I wasn’t able to help at all. And I’ve always felt useless at those times. And I always wish I knew but I didn’t have the time or the means to go find out more.

Knowledge is not free. It still needs money. I don’t know how to overcome this problem, but I guess I can only take it in baby steps. Do what I can, when I can. But at least now, I see a more definitive path and reason out of all these strained and seemingly useless desires and dreams and ambitions.