Saturday, October 23, 2004

Overdue

I'm going on leave on Monday because I have to do something more than ten years overdue.

I'm going to check out this lump in my armpit.

Oh, I've had it for quite awhile now. I don't even remember the exact year I found it. But I remember it was when I was studying in Spore, and that was between 1991 - 1995. But I remember finding it in the shower cos the bathroom is not exactly what you call a very nice bathroom.

I'm not really scared. I was when I found it. But like most women, I guessed I was in denial and I was too scared to see the doctor to find out what it was.

Eventually I forgot about it after worrying when I would suddenly fall sick and become diagnosed with cancer.

Then I remmebered.

Then I forgot. And so it was that it became 2 years, then 5, then now.

It hasn't changed size. That's the thing. And it doesn't hurt. But the thing is, most cancers don't have pain in the early stages. And it could take up to 5 to 10 years before it manifests itself as a cancer of some sort.

So now I'm going for a check up. I don't want to think about it much. I don't want to be scared. I'm just gonna get it checked and then see what the results say later.

*crossing fingers*