Monday, January 24, 2005

Moronic double parkers

I was doubled parked by this horrid little teeny-bopper sized female outside the pet shop who didn’t so much as look at me when she finally came out after I have honked for at least 5 minutes and who casually unlocked her car, started the engine and drove off without even a ‘Sorry’!!!

Times like this I totally understand why the men are mad at women drivers, and I am ashamed of my own species, and I want to apologise to all the men for calling them stupid parkers.

Sorry, guys, I’ve seen lots of parkers that are stupid and inconsiderate, and they happen to be male.

But yesterday I thought I could almost see red when this stupid little idiot came out, sashaying in her tiny shorts and sphagetti blouse and sun glasses, and she didn’t even look aplogetic, and she didn’t utter a single word of apology.

And my mom made the comment, ‘I’m surprised you let her off without shouting at her” in that tone.

Excuse me? What’s with that tone? Am I a road bully? Do I have to stoop to her level, just because she was inconsiderate and rude? Why are you sounding like I make it a normal routine of screaming at people on the roads?

Ok, so maybe once or twice I did curse some moronic asshole and wished that his armpit hair would be infested with fleas, and maybe I did wish that one bastard would meet up with someone braver and more vindictive than me who will scratch his paint and jam all his tyres with ice-picks.

What with that tone?

At least I’m not some people (whom I know and reluctantly continue to associate myself with) who actually keep a screwdriver in their car, so that when they encounter these bastards on the street, they have the tools to retaliate.

At least I don’t use my housekeys to scratch cars that illegally park like my ex-colleague, who does it with glee. And I don’t stuff wet and dirty tissues under the doorknobs, though I wish I had them in my bag and then I WILL do it.

So I think I am not that bad. And I know that gurl will get what she deserves one day, when she meets up with more unscrupulous drivers, when she meets up with gangsters who keep bats and sticks and batons and heavy tools and sharp objects, when she meets with people who double park her for more than 30 minutes…