Wednesday, January 19, 2005

White night

I had a white night last night… blaaahhh….

Someone asked what’s a white night…. Hmm….. how to say this….

I first encounter this term when I was a young gurl… waahahahaaa, I say this as if I’m an old woman! …. Actually, sometimes I feel I am one…

I am 357 years old. *curtsey*

I first read it in L.M. Montgomery’s Emily of New Moon trilogy. Emily was prone to ‘white nights’ as she put it, meaning staying awake, being unable to sleep, pondering and thinking instead of sawing logs. I think Anne of Green Gables had that too.

hehehe... can you tell how I ended up being a writer?? ahahhahaaaa....

Well, I had that last night. Had a peppermint tea to combat the headache, which worked, but which also rendered me unable to sleep, so was in something like a semi-awake state wherein I was aware of everything, including the painful fact that I couldn’t sleep, and I was so hoping to drift into oblivion. Sigh…

I don’t think I would have that problem if I had a chance with the DVD player…. As it is, my brother was watching Moonraker, and mom was watching her Chinese serial show. Aaiiii….

And of course with white nights, you always get entertained by weird dreams… unfortunately I don’t remember any now. Lately, I can’t seem to remember most of my dreams… sigh………. Oft times like this, I dearly wish there was some way to record what I dream, so that I can replay and analyse what it is trying to say to me, or maybe what I am trying to tell myself... whichever you look at it.

Oh, there I go again, drifting off into Voyager land… dreaming of all these oh-so-far-in-the-future-possibilities…. I really wish I could be immortal!! Then I can stick around to see how the world transform. Hovercrafts! Air-traffic! Holograms. Space travel. Replicators. Futuristic technology.

"Beam me up, Scotty."

Sigh…. I’m dreaming…. *stupid smile on face*