Sunday, January 16, 2005

You know you’ve been watching too much Voyager when…

…you dream you’re a member of the crew but have to climb a long flight of steps to enter the ship.

I remember the ship having plush carpeting. Which was odd, cos I didn’t remember seeing that in the DVD. Anyhow…

The whole crew was off the ship on shore leave, but one young member got himself into trouble with the local judiciary, and the senior members with a small team was attempting to solve the matter. I don’t think I was an official member, perhaps just one of those that got picked up along their journey and stayed on.

While waiting, we visited the local stores and were naturally fascinated with the local products. Then we found our member had been transferred to another office for further questioning. We started to make way for that office when a few of the younger members announced that they would rather return to the ship. And I wanted to follow.

"Captain, permission to follow them."

"Any particular reason?"

"Well, I don’t trust them…"

A look of concern flashed across her face. "What do you mean you don’t trust them?" she demanded.

I quickly assured her. "No, no. That’s not what I meant. I just don’t feel safe to let them go back on their own."

She smiled. "Alright, ‘mother’. Go."

And so I went with them. And saw that the ship was parked by the street with a stairway locked to the ground.

I was shocked.

"Is that safe? What if someone decides to climb up to our ship?"

One of them answered me. "Don’t worry. The ship won’t let anyone in if they are not from Voyager."

And so I climbed the stairs that were strangely of different width every third step. I was panting by the time we got to the top, and saw there was a security gate that opened under the touch of one of the youngsters’ hands and then it shut tight behind us. As we were coding in at the second gate for our entry, I woke up very abruptly to the sound of my stupid alarm clock.

The first thing I thought was, "What? No 'beam me up'?"

But is that going to stop me from watching another one or two hours of it today?

No, sirree.