Thursday, January 13, 2005

Tiramisu

Last night my Mandarin teacher told me something cute about tiramisu.

His friend had told him that the story is that a girl wanted to tell a guy she liked her feelings for him. And so she made a cake, called tiramisu, and if he ate the cake, it meant that he accepted her feelings.

But the flaw lies in what if the guy didn't know the meaning of eating her cake? If he ate it, and didn't know the meaning, she would misunderstand. And if he did, how tragic if he told her that he couldn't eat her cake.

Reminded me of the Japanese manga that always had stories of the girls making things and food for the guys they like to profess their faith - 'biao bai' - as it's called in Mandarin.

Anyhow, I checked the net for 'tiramisu', but of course stumbled on recipe sites for this gorgeous Italian cake. And I found this really interesting site. Funny. You can even find the recipe there. Enjoy.

Tiramisu.