Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Eve

To remember those who are still in danger from the tsunami attacks, and to remember those who lost loved ones to it, our prime minister has called off all New Year countdown parties in the nation.

I think this is apt, seeing that there will be many who will not be in the celebrational mood, for they will be thinking of those gone, still missing, and hurt.

Our government is finally showing some sense.

Tonight I will be having dinner with two aunts who supported me and my mom during the two years that my father disowned me.

They did alot for us - put down the down payment for a Kancil for us to drive around (since my father had hinted that the road tax for the Datsun was expiring, we just left it to him), left us stay at one of their apartments for free (but mom insisted on paying them something small at least), renovated the bathroom in anticipation for our move in, helped us move whatever we could into the apartment, bought us groceries subtly whenever they visited and did any other amount of small little things to help us out.

I am indebted to them. Forever they will maintain a special place in my heart and life, for all the things they have done.

Tonight, hopefully, she will be less glacial, cos we will be with company.

Sigh...