Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Gotta move my ass

Whalladay.

And it’s not even over yet. waahh…

I’m at home now, transcribing a two and half-hour focus group, from Mandarin to English.

And I hate the facilitator in the focus group.

She needs interviewing skills training. She’s absolutely horrid with the interview and with her questioning methods. And she keeps repeating the same theme over and over, till one of the participants actually says that she’s been harping on that particular subject forever.

Oh, why am I at home on a holiday?

Well, first up. I hate crowds. Despite the celebration of 47 years of independence, I am happy to stay at home and nurse my freaking pounding headache. And second, I have this translation job. And third, I just wanna rest.

I’m tired. Tired of work. So much to do, yet so few hands to work on. Two’s not a lot. Ah well… when the department collapse, that will serve management right. Already one sales has left, and the remaining sales has thrown in her resignation. And the promotions admin is going around for interviews already. And the designers look as though they are looking about as well. So… we’ll see how long the magazine can stand.

But I’m planning a dinner-cum-get-drunk session with gurlsfrens tonight. Seems silly to get drunk and happy the night before a working day on a weekday, but hell, who cares. Nothing that an emergency call-in sick leave that can’t do the trick.

Nah, knowing me. I’ll just measure out my portion of the booze with water and food and set a curfew to chase everyone home before crashing into bed for work tomorrow. Muahahahaaa…

Had a really weird dream of espionage. This is the third time I’ve dreamt of something like this, and it actually made sense. You know how in the dream you know it doesn’t make sense but in the dream you still feel it is. And when you wake up, you wonder what the fuck that was all about and why you went along with it. Sorta like Alice in Wonderland. This one actually made sense in the real meaning of senses!

I’m going bonkers here. And it serves me right to lighten up my transcribing with reading a novel that has the main characters always having sweaty and burn-up-the-carpet sex!!! Man, I need to get laid.

Which reminds me. I better work on that compilation of stories that I want to write about on my previous experience as a lecturer and escapades of my ex-students. Already got four. Should work on the other six.

Gotta think like an ant and move my ass.