Friday, September 03, 2004

"Where can I find a wife?"

“Where can I find a wife?”

My editor’s unofficially adopted son E. asked her recently. She brought him to the office about three weeks ago and he’s so cute. She’s definitely got a handful.

“So what did you tell him?”

“I told him he doesn’t have to worry about it for another 20 years at least.”

“Whatever prompted that question?”

“I don’t know.”

My designer S. piped in. “It’s alright. I remember my little cousin asked the same question and he’s still asking it now.”

“How old is he now?”

“3 yrs old. So what did you tell him?”

My editor mumbled something that he couldn’t catch and suddenly gave an exclamation. “What?! Someone who looks like Anita Sarawak?”

“What?!!” We all shouted in horror.

“No, serious. I thought I heard you said get someone who looks like Anita Sarawak.”

I couldn’t stop laughing. Anita Sarawak may be quite a famous singer here in our ‘fair’ country but she certainly isn’t a looker in my opinion. I’m sure that E. can do better.

“I think he saw some wedding couples somewhere,” said my editor.

Good Lord. Kids really say the darnest things.