Monday, January 24, 2005

Dreaming of Winter

Too many people blog about the winter that is in their country, their region, their state, till I’m envious, till I wish I have snow in my own country, my region, my state.

And it’s bloody hot now. Especially with Chinese New Year (CNY) coming round the corner. It’s always like this. Boiling hot in Jan and Feb. Hate it.

And people get sickly around this time because of the heat. Every CNY I endeavour to wear lighter material clothing, instead of trying to wear glamorous like everyone else. I don’t care what I wear as long as the material doesn’t make me sweat like a pig. That’s a priority.

But meanwhile, this is the period of viligence against illnesses. Must be careful not to eat too much mandarin oranges, barbequed dragon meat, nuts and biscuits.

Which really kills half the fun of CNY – the gorging.

I want winter!!! Winter!!!

I miss the blasting cold of the Melbourne winds. I miss the crisp, chilly air of Melbourne.

I miss the sharp autumn winds in Perth. I miss waking in the chilly mornings and puffing frosted breath walking to uni.

I miss Australia...