Friday, May 21, 2004

Physically drained and mentally strained

Not feeling good. Feel like a walking corpse. Thought of taking MC today but then remembered that that stupid woman was supposed to submit all her work today. Wanted to take leave to recharge, but can’t yet. Have to finish off the pending stuff for June before I can go on leave with a peaceful mind.

I think all the frustrations and workload is finally making itself known to my body. I think my reserves are almost nil and I haven’t been eating well for the past week, too. No appetite and no mood to eat.

My writer has been a nuisance; being a busybody, making idiotic comments about things that don’t concern him, questioning my authority, showing lack of loyalty towards the magazine and accusing me of ‘trying to score brownie points’ with management.

I told my management that I was accused of sucking up to her, and she looked at me puzzled.

“But I hardly talk to you on a daily basis!” she said.

Enough said.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how anyone can accuse me of kissing management’s ass. I hate people who kiss ass, and I wouldn’t know how to kiss ass to save my life! And I hate people who say I do. And this is not the first time he has said that I suck up to management. This would be the 4th or 5th time. If he says it one more time, I will not let it pass.

I’m supposed to have a function to attend in the afternoon. I don’t think I have the energy for it. Especially when today is the last day of the Jap course. Yesterday I was exhausted in class. But at least taking the LRT is convenient. Still, going down into KL city is so stressful…




Woke up to…: ‘Mad world’ by Gary Jules, theme for Donnie Darko.
I wake up to a song every morning. The first thing I hear when I become alert is the strains of a song. I’ve been living with this since the later part of my life, perhaps since secondary schools days. I took it for granted. But later it struck me as odd. And so I began taking note of the songs that play in head.
Listening: ‘Mad world’ by Gary Jules, theme for Donnie Darko (hehe)
Working: On my supernatural fiction