Friday, September 03, 2004

I said ‘dick’ to my editor!

Something’s wrong with me.

I just said ‘dick’ to my editor!

Yesterday at the meeting I was retelling some conversation that included the word ‘fuck’ and said it out loud. My colleagues looked wide-eyed at me, but I was oblivious and I actually said ‘fuck’ a second time. By then I’d already caught on the stares.

Today we headed out for another meeting and again I said the word ‘fuck’ because I was talking about the jam I got caught in yesterday after work and this morning coming in late. I caught my colleague eyeing me from the corner of her eyes.

And just now while she was not at her desk I took a message from an interesting-sounding guy called Manuel, with a cute accent. When she returned I accused her of cheating her husband and seeing this hot Spanish dick on the side!

I swear it popped out of my mouth just like that! I didn’t plan it. It just popped!

I covered my mouth with my hands in horror at my audacity and fear that she’ll reprimand me for saying that to her. She laughed.

“Calm down, Jenn.” She said. “Get a grip.”

Of what? The dick? Or me?

*wail*

That's three times in a row! I don’t know what’s wrong with me!!!