Monday, November 22, 2004

3-day celebration

I dunno what got into me, but this year I seemed to have gone crazy over my birthday, because I started celebrating on Friday night. I think it's because I'm approaching the big 3-o in another two years.

Anyhow, I called my gurlfrens over to my house cos I've got wine and a bottle of JD. And because I wanted to get high and possibly a little drunk before falling comatose into my bed, just a few steps away.

Was reasonably buzzed. Mission accomplished. Amiee brought over iced wine from Canada - beautiful stuff. Hau brought junk food - always welcomed. I got coke for the JD. I think I got the proportions wrong for the JD Coke. hahahaaa....

Sat up drinking and talking till 3am the next morning. I drunk-smsed my fren who refused to drive all the way to my house. Hmph. And my teddy bear over in NZ. :)

And went to work at 11am.

Had to go check on the magazine proofs before sending it out to the colour separators. Then went for lunch with my fren, who gave me a treat. Nice. Then dinner with the family and window shopping after that to aid digestion. hahahaaa...

Sunday saw me going to church as usual. But I was sooooo sleepy! I couldn't stop yawning. I think the alcohol was starting to kick in! Went home to nap and then prepared to go out dinner with my gang. Went to Dome. I ordered the vegetable bruschetta. Beautiful!!! Basically we ordered stuff and it went around the table. We used to do that in Perth alot while we were studying. I missed that cozy companionship-ness. This time my fren Ju who had not been inclined to drive to my place joined us. And he bitched about the sms. Hahahhaaa... I told him he was lucky I didnt actually call! He challenged me to try and see what happened after that!! hhahahaaa...

After that Hau and I went to check out this fitness centre called Celebrity Fitness, cos I wanted to go back for dance classes, as I used to go for jazz while I was studying in Singapore. After taking us on a tour, the consultant said that if we joined within 24 hours, there would be no joining fee, only a monthly fee of RM149, which must be maintained for a year, and all classes are inclusive in the offer. It's tempting, cos it's on the way to work and to home, and I can join all the classes, which has Hip-hop, and free use of the sauna and steam. Best of all, it's open 24/7, 365 days, even on holidays, from 6am to 12 midnight. I have to give my answer by 10pm today. Gotta think this one carefully.

Then we went drinking at Chilli's. Ju bought me 2 vodka limes! I'm a happy cat. :) *purr* I slept so well last night...

Now I gotta get back into the working mode. *groan* And suddenly I'm craving for cake... I didn't have cake this year... hmmm...