Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Miracle: Operation Cancelled

Guess what! I didn’t have any operation after all!! I think all the praying from family and frens and self must have worked and generated a miracle, or at least, that’s what my mom and fren calls it.

I think my Catholic aunt has been praying like mad all the way from Melbourne, my Buddhist aunt in Gombak, my athetist fren in Spore, my Christian frens here in KL, and why am I talking about religion here?, oh, not to forget my no-religion father, one can only hope, my editor sent a thoughtful sms to me this morning, my ex-colleague calls me the day before, my uni-mate calls me, my ex-colleague sends me an sms today… not to mention I have someone lend me his Guardian Angel (Thanks! I think mine and yours did overtime!! lol...), and hugs and vibes and kind thoughts.

The doctors just couldn’t find the lump.


Doc 1: Where’s the lump? (feeling) I don’t feel it. All I feel is tissue.

Me: Right here. (touching the spot) This here.

Doc 2: No. That’s reconnective tissue. No defined lump. (pressing and prodding)

Doc 1: Yeah, nothing there. Maybe it's underneath the tissue. But there isn't any need to cut it.

Me: But it was there! It was hard. I didn’t imagine it! I had it for more than 10 years!! (getting panicky yet hopeful of a cancelled operation)

Doc 1: No. It’s subsided. It’s probably resolved. So let’s observe for 4 weeks, and see if you still need the op.

Me: You mean, I don’t get any op done today?!

Doc 2: Nope. Any questions?


I couldn’t think of a single question for awhile. Then I snapped out of it and bombarded him with tons of questions that were repetitive I admit, but I wanted to ascertain that it wasn’t dangerous to cancel the op.

I was relieved, no, AM relieved. I was not keen on a surgery. I hate needles and pain. But since the lump, according to the doc, has disappeared, it must be a miracle. Everything’s fine. Nevertheless, I’m getting another opinion. And I will do it outside, not at this stupid government hospital. I will not bore you all with the details.

Bottomline, I will never go to UH anymore. No sirree…

Thank you, Lord. For the miracle which I believe is through the power of prayers of family and frens. Thank you, all!!! *muck muck*