Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Will never be a fashionist

Have you ever, just sat in front of your wardrobe, wondering what to wear the next day?

I have. Almost everyday. And just now, I sat and stared at my wardrobe for 30 minutes.

I’m still stumped with what to wear tomorrow.

I will never be known as a fashion plate. I don’t dress so that people can comment that I am so well-dressed. I dress what I feel I look good in. And basically, what I don’t look so fat in!

But there are friends who still remember the good old days, when I, when we, used to dress up for clubbing. Diva sigh… oh, those were the good old days.

Clothes, to me, is for making sure that one doesn’t feel cold or get arrested for nudity. That’s a very frank opinion. I am seriously not one to dress up for the sake of dressing up. I am only granted occasional spurts of genius in matching clothes. Only occasionally. Like last Thursday and Friday. I actually felt the genius draining off by Sunday for my birthday celebration with the gang. But I managed to go for ‘safe’.

But as I sat in front of my wardrobe just now, I was stumped. I really don’t know what to wear tomorrow. And I have an event to go to after work, for work.

It’s Shu Uemura’s cosmetic launch-cum-competition, which will start from 6pm. After that I intend to go for dinner and watch The Incredibles with my ex-colleagues. But I still need to dress properly. God I hope I get some inspiration while sleeping on it.

Goodnight, all.