Thursday, November 25, 2004

Broken-hearted me

I’m talking to my fren now on the phone, while typing this. I’m trying to keep my mind occupied cos I got hit by this wave of despair. It was rather bad cos it was triggered by something really trivial. It was just a song. Sung by Anne Murray.

I tried not to think about it. I was out on an errand. And the song came blasting on the radio in the car. And it affected me so fast. I started cursing cos I didn’t have my Bach Rescue Remedies in my bag.

It was so bad, my heart started palpitating, my hands were starting to tremble, my mind becoming darker by the minute, beginning to talk curtly to my colleague, at the same time, was biting every word I said. I knew I was in trouble. “Shit,” I thought. I threw myself into ‘Heavy-duty Working’ mode.

Then thought I should call my fren who’s traveling and find out how he was, and so keep the despair at bay. It worked. He made me laugh and forget everything else. Feel so much better now. “Thank you, Jung. YOU are my candle in the dark.” I think I will go home and sleep early tonight.

Here’s the culprit.


Every now and then I cry
Every night you keep stayin' on my mind
All my friends say I'll survive
It just takes time

chorus…
But I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart

No I don't see how it can if it's broken all apart
A million miracles could never stop the pain
Or put all the pieces together again
No I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart
No I don't see how it can while we are still apart
And when you hear this songI hope that you will see
That time won't heal a broken-hearted me

Every day is just the same
Playin' games, different lovers, different names
They keep sayin' I'll survive
It just takes time

chorus…
Time won't heal a broken-hearted me