Monday, December 20, 2004

I start my day pissed off

Eve Dallas once said, "I start my day pissed off."

Well, so do I.

* * *

Dear Mum,

I know that I am not a good daughter. I know that there are many things about me that can be improved, adjusted and changed. I know you think that I am irresponsible, lazy, fat, insensitive towards my brother, and stubborn.

I know you have issues from your past, things to do with your mother, your father, your brothers and sisters, your dreams and ambitions flown away on the wings of financial lacking and familial peity, anger with your ex-husband and the way the marriage turned out, dissatisfaction with your work and colleagues, and general paranoia about everything.

But please, for Christmas, there are only TWO things that I want from you.

1. Don't talk to/jump on/reprimand me in the mornings when I am grumpy, cranky and unresponsive to the whole world. 'Cos you'll only make yourself irritable and angry.

2. Please don't immediately mouth the phrase, 'Don't become like your father, or pick up his habits.' whenever you are dissatisfied with me.

Thank you.

sincerely,
your screwed-up (becos of you and dad) daughter