Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Jung

This gave me a good night’s sleep and gave me a happy disposition for the day. And it is so sweet that I have to document it, and the only way to document it, is through my blog.

At a meet that was 2 years overdue recently, I told Jung that I will be getting a new phone. And he asked me if I typed my smses with ‘predictive text’ or the long way. I said I typed the long way. He called me a dinosaur. But I really didn’t know how to use it and found it totally confusing and time-consuming and gave up after one try a long time ago.

Last night, I was feeling a little… white, not blue, just white. I didn’t have any translation jobs and was just wondering if I should fill my night spare time with more jobs. Yeah, I know, I’m a sucker for pain.

So then I decided to pick up my phone and give the ‘predictive text’ a try again. And I thought I could send Jung an sms to say, “I know how to use it now. haha.” and throw the word ‘dinosaur’ back in his face.

But I couldn’t get pass even the word ‘know’!! I couldn’t type ‘know’. It came out with a lot of gibberish and the only coherent word I could get was ‘alone’. Yeah, go figure.

So ok. I had…

I alone

Ok. I tried for the word ‘again’. And it could only come out with ‘ma’.

I alone ma

Ok. By then I was pretty frustrated and was willing to settle for any word that I could ‘predict’ out. And finally, this is the message that I could spit out.

I alone ma tonight so need you to help me with men before time spruns out

Best of all, I couldn’t even key in any punctuation. Sigh. So I sent it to Jung, with a note that said, I give up on predictive text.

Below is the sms replies between us.

Jung
You are a dino. Thats what you are. A dino without a mate.


Me
SHUT UP

Jung
You know I will never do that and thats why you love about me anyways. He he. Enjoy the night.

Me
Dun be too sure abt that. Hmph. Nite.

Jung
Love you too. Night. He he he

And I went to bed smiling. Woke up this morning, still a little moody, and went to work. And he smsed me this.

Jung
You know what, I saw an angel yesterday. So I ask the angel to look after you and off he went. One moment later, the angel came back and said to me, Siow lang. How can an angel take care of another angel.

I know it’s hard to wake up but it’s a beautiful day so good morning and may your day be as beautiful as you.


My heart melted, just plain melted. And I replied,

"Ok. Maybe I do love you after all."