Wednesday, December 01, 2004

What's in your world

Tired.

Hate translation. Tedious. Agonising. Painstakingly long.

I guess I hate the fact that I have to do it at night. When night should have been my solace. My blanket of comfort. My darkened world of escape.

For a very long time, and since I was very young, back in Ipoh, I’d liked to stay up at night, be it in the hall, or in the bedroom, and looked out the window and watch the shadows, the darkened clouds, the swift bats winging in the night, imagined the wind as the trees swayed, and I would ponder the night away. Till my eyes grew weary and I had no choice but to sleep.

Nowadays…

That was the last time I had a bedroom of my own, with a window that looked out into the garden and with a wide skyline to gaze upon. I left many things in Ipoh when I moved to Spore to study.

Friends. Pets. Trees. House. Grandmother. Clean air. Green parks.

I’ve been dreaming of houses lately. Big roomy, spacious, luxurious houses that are unfamiliar to me.

It’s my subconscious screaming my secret desire for a place of my own, I know. Yet I cannot do anything about it now.

It’s my subconscious screaming for privacy and space. Yet I cannot fulfill this desire.

Waiting is so very hard to do.

I woke up this morning to a song that aptly describes my heart recently. And I heard it again on the radio in the car on the way taking my aunt to the hospital. Been hearing it alot lately.

I don’t bother to hide or ignore anymore. It will always be there waiting for me. I just learn how to control the raging tide that threatens to drown me.

Tell me what world you're living in
I’m trying so hard to understand
Searching my soul just so find any line
That connects me to whatever you are hiding
Remember how we used to be
We shared the best baby, the best of everything
Now it seems like we're slowly drifting apart
Tell me when did we stop communicating
Heart to heart

What’s in you world
whatcha trying to hide from me
I can’t fight what I can’t see
I need so know what’s going on
What's in your world
I’m standing here with a broken heart
Trying to stop before l start
Falling all over again
Baby I need to know
Need for you to show
What’s in your world
Girl I’m not ready to walk away from you
Unless you say that it’s over and done, I know
I’II do what I gotta do
It’s time to remind you that love's on the line
So baby say what you gotta say
But if you’re gonna walk away (tell me)

Chorus: (repeat)
Now I'm sure you understand
That a man must be a man
I've got so many promises to keep
Maybe l'm in too deep
Can't see to other side
And baby all I want to do is satisfy
How can I give you what you need
When you're not telling me

What’s in you world
whatcha trying to hide from me
I can’t fight what I can’t see
I need so know what’s going on
What's in your world
I’m standing here with a broken heart
Trying to stop before l start
Falling all over again
Baby I need to know
Need for you to show
What’s in your world