Saturday, August 20, 2005

Why I hate my mom - Part II

“I’m sorry, ma, please don’t be angry with me. Please talk to me.”

Silence.

“Please, ma, I’m sorry I upset you. Please don’t be angry with me.”

Silence.

“I’m sorry I irritated you, ma. Please forgive me.”

Silence.

“Please, ma. Please talk to me. I’m leaving in less than 2 weeks. I don’t want us to be like this.”

Silence.

“You remember this – don’t think just because you are leaving, you have wings, you are free, you can keep quiet. I hate it. I hate you doing it.”

What the fuck are you talking about?

“Oh you think you are grand and grown up so you can afford to keep quiet.”

What keep quiet? I’ve been apologizing to you for the whole week!

“I’m sorry, ma, that I upset you. I didn’t mean to keep quiet. Please forgive me.”

“If you think you can keep quiet a day, I can keep quiet a week. You think you can keep quiet longer, I can do it longer than you.”

What the fuck is wrong with you?

“Think you can keep quiet longer than, go ahead.”

What is fucking wrong with you?

“Please don’t be angry with me, ma. I’m sorry I kept quiet.”

The only day I didn’t apologise to you was last night and that’s because I had come back late from dinner outside and you were already in bed and I had a fucking headache so I went to bed. What the fuck is wrong with you!?!!

“I hate it when you think you can take a few days leave from apologizing and keep quiet. We see who can keep quiet longer.”

“Ma, please, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

“You please get out of my sight. I don’t need you to apologise when you feel like it and keep quiet when you feel like it. One of these days I’m going to lose control and bash you up.”

Silence.


I don’t have a natural relationship with my mom. I hope and pray to God that I don’t have this kind of relationship with my own daughter when the day comes that I have one or two or a dozen, God willing. Because I will fucking kill myself before I subject my children to this kind of fucked up relationship.