Monday, August 08, 2005


Land of the Fey Posted by Picasa


If you have any doubts about the other worldly-ness of this place, doubt no more. We could never be alone. Not here. As I mentioned, we did have a 'visit' from the 'existing' occupants.

I have always been fascinated with spirits, probably because I think I had an encounter with one in my childhood (that's another story), and because my mom did (also another one) and that this was something that touched all family members (yet another one!).

Because I didn't sleep enough the night before, I went to wash up and prepare for bed while the others continued playing cards and drinking wine. (Yes, I carried a bottle up).

I felt this near-chill along my arms as I was brushing my teeth, as if I wasn't alone in the room. I didn't dare look in the mirror, but walked to my bag and took my rosary and put it onto the bed, and then the sensation disappeared. I then went to bed.

The next morning, my other colleagues shared their experiences. Apparently my colleague YS, who was sleeping next to me, heard someone come into our room, paced beside our bed, and stopped by the bed, giving her the feeling that whoever it was was looking at the occupants in the bed, and then the footsteps left the room to go to the next room.

In the next room, my 3 other colleagues said that they felt the bed shake, gently, like someone who sat on the bed and was trying to shift into a more comfortable position. That kind of shaky movement. And then one by one, from the inside, to the outside, to the centre, the bed vibrated. They didn't dare say anything, but this all came gushing out the next morning as we had breakfast.

My colleague YS questioned the other 3 on whether or not one of them had come into our room to look at us, but they all vehemently denied, cos they were frightened as it is with what was happening in their room! They couldn't sleep well the whole night. On the other hand, I never slept better! Even though I had that sensation of being watched in the room.