Thursday, July 21, 2005

Flowers for the grave

I like to ask people what kind of flowers they like; one being I'm curious about who likes what kind of flowers - tells what kind of character they are; two, in the event of their death, I can give them their favourite flowers instead of the standardwhite roses or white carnations.

Is that morbid of me? I certainly would prefer my favourite flowers on my grave instead of plain white flowers.

I like yellow roses, white chrysanthemums, lavender and lipstick tulips.

My senior writer is already on the way to Afghanistan. For about a month or so. Just his luck to get sent to interesting places... First it was tsunamis. Now it's snipers. It's a great challenge and experience. If I were in his shoes, I would jump at the opportunity myself.

Just in case, I asked him what his favourite flowers were. He didn't have any. *blerk*