Friday, September 03, 2004

Twisted logic

This is an example of a conversation at the office with my designers involved.

“Sp., now that you’re seeing a doctor, the next one you should be seeing is a plastic surgeon.” I said this afternoon cos she was lamenting the fact that this weekend her current squeeze was too busy.

She laughed.

“Yeah, cos she need plastic surgery.” Sc piped in.

“Oui! So bad!” said my editor, R.

“Hey! I didn’t mean it that way, ok!” I said.

“Well, you started it first,” said Sc.

“No, you did.”

“Yeah, you did.” R. decided to side with Sc. Hmph. “Why did you say that anyway, Jenn?”

“Because she was previously dating a chiropractor. And now she’s dating a doctor. So the next one should ideally be a plastic surgeon!”

“Ohh…..”

“Yeah, she’s crazy. Cos all these doctors and medical people are crazy,” said Sc.

“Oui!” protested Sp.

“Yeah. Doctors see sick people all the time, so they kinda become sick and crazy too.”

See the kind of logic I’m fed on a daily basis? Twisted.