Friday, August 26, 2005

Countdown: 6 days till Melbourne

I started thinking of this yesterday, that my time is really running short and that I have less than a week.

Am I excited? Hell, no, not yet. I’m just panicky.

Which is my fault because I have incomplete work, that I must endeavour finishing before I leave on that jet plane.

Are my bags packed? Hell, no. I think I’ll only work on it next Tuesday.

Because I cannot afford to leave the mess undone in the study room, till that’s clear, I can’t clear clothes for the luggage.

Have I said goodbye to all my friends? Hell, no. I haven’t seen most, and the most regretful part is that I haven’t seen my beloveds.

One's still in Kabul, one might or might not be able to meet me this Sunday, one is not free. That’s the only thing that I hate myself for. Due to my inefficient packing methods and poor time management, I had to cancel a dinner with one of my beloveds…

I haven’t even seen my father in Ipoh - one more time. Which I’m going to do on Monday. Alas, I will only be able to spend one day with him. Maybe only one night. I have to be back on Tuesday to pack my luggage after all.

Am I excited?

If I stopped my chaotic mind for awhile and sat down and thought about it… YES!!! This time, next week, I would be in Melbourne!! Doing god-knows-what but I know I’ll probably be dazed with the realization that I’m free there!

Of course, I have to come down from the clouds and euphoria because my mom is still having that cold war with me… which will probably last until the morning I leave for the airport, if so, I’m not the least bit surprised. And right now, I’m immune to any feelings about this. *shrug* Can't do anything about it... that's why I'm leaving the country in the first place.

Now tomorrow, by hook or by crook, I have to finish the articles………………one thing’s for certain, I’m glad that there are no more books around to distract me….. … Thank god! I put them all at my best friend’s place!!