Friday, September 09, 2005

I'M HERE!

Ok… here we go.

I am finally here!!! It’s been exactly a week since I got here… nice and chilly, still, even though Spring’s upon Melbourne. Though the weather said it was warm, it didn’t feel warm at all to me!! Cos the ‘warm’ here is not as ‘warm’ as back home!!

I couldn’t sleep the night before the flight, partially becos I only managed to pack the absolute last stuff at 12.30 and by the time I cleaned up and slipped into bed, it was 1am. My eyes were totally gritty and my brain was still racing like mad bees; did I forget this, did I do that, where did I put this…. I had to wake at 6 and I felt totally shitty, but nothing to do about it. Didn’t get a lot of phone calls at the airport but that’s alright. I made a few calls. Otherwise it was a fairly sedate departure I made… drama……………….. I can go silently into the night……….lol…

It was an ok flight. Watched 2 movies and listen to the music on-demand, the black pepper lamb shank was excellent, which was from New Zealand. Yum. But it was delayed. As usual. When do the Malaysians do things on time?? So by the time I came out of immigration, it was 8.30pm. But the weather!!! I loved it. It was windy. It was chilly…. Man, I couldn’t get enough of it. But I still had to adjust to the temperature shift, between the house and my body, the car and the outside, the shopping center and the outside, for the first 2 days.

But I still love the weather.

Still not quite used to things around here, especially the way my aunt runs the house. Like how they collect water for drinking and boiling and etc, washing clothes…. As for meals, my aunt eats when she’s hungry, my uncle at fixed timings, my cousin if he’s at home and whenever he feels like it… me just follow the crowd… what am I talking about, there is NO crowd.. basically I eat when I want to, but I love eating fruit salad here cos my aunt stocks fruits like kiwi, oranges, strawberries and apples and yoghurt. So I enjoy a nice fruit salad of kiwi, orange and strawberries and yoghurt after dinner… I love how fruits are affordable here...... sigh.....

There’s still adjustments with how to interact with my aunt and uncle on a permanent basis… not easy… even though I am very grateful to them and I do love them. And I should not forget that it’s not easy living with my cousin… of all cousins, he’s the closest, but that doesn’t mean that he’s easy to live with, if you know what I mean.....

I’ve been doing a lot of online jobsearch, as well as searching the papers…. Still nothing, but I kinda expected that. So please wish me good luck everyone!!! I’m back in the blog business!!

*miaow*