Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thinking of writing

A writer often looks about for inspiration to write… it could come in the form of overheard conversations (shameless eavesdropping!), or supermarket aisle exchanges (gossips), dreams (weird ones that make me wake too early!), and listening to old people.

My aunt has tons of stories that are really quaint and real. It’s pretty much the same kind of stories that my mom had told me now and then. And it always made me think that it should be written down, by they themselves, me or someone who has the skill to make it as exciting and interesting as they told it and as I heard it.

Today my aunt told me more about her time as a newly graduated teacher in training and the little adventures that she had… it really made me think seriously that it should all be written for posterity… I wished I had written down what little my mom had told me now… I might have been able to combine it with my aunts…. And maybe added in some from my other aunt… I’ll call it The Yong Sisters!!! Hahahahahaa…. Who knows, might make a movie out of it later!!! Yeah, millennia later!! *chortle*

But I seriously am thinking about it. About writing. My writing. It’s time I buckled down and worked on it. I’ve always had the excuse that work took too much energy and time. But now that I’m unemployed and living a relatively leisurely life… it shouldn’t be an excuse anymore now should it? Especially since I have a laptop in my room which I’ve already used to start on a new story that moped around my head after a truly weird dream… I should shackle myself down and begin a plan of action…

Also got a little push of inspiration from having just made the acquaintance of someone in Paris who’s finishing a book on Oscar Wilde. It’s time I’m the one who’s going to finish that book on…. Sigmund Freud!!! Bloody hell!!! Alrighty, it might not be Freud, but I am intriguied with the idea of writing an academic book/journal/paper on someone…. I have some playing in my head right now (“Pick me! No, pick me!! Me, me, me!! – a la Digi top-up ad!!! Lol…..) But we’ll see how it goes. Too ambitious is my problem and I never finish anything that I start!