Monday, September 20, 2004

Life is a rollercoaster

… and you just gotta ride it.

I have been extremely preoccupied for the last few days before the weekend and into the weekend. For one thing, right after that ‘conversation’ my prayers were answered about my worries on my career and money. I had 2 great news about opportunities to change to a better job with a better pay, and another job that is with an established media. I am optimistic, yet supremely afraid. I have nothing confirmed on either ends and I’m beginning to feel jumpy. There are some unpleasant vibes in my current job and I’m beginning to feel frayed at the ends.

I would dearly love to throw in the towel and focus on my side job as a translator and a project that promises good money which will go into my ‘Migrate to Australia’ money chest. But of course without any confirmation on the other job opportunities I cannot take the risk. So I’m hanging on by those frayed threads and hoping for the best. Again, I remind myself that I have to leave it all up to God. He will know what’s best.

I went back to Ipoh over the weekend. It was supposed to be a 1 1/2 hour drive, but in the end it took 2 hours. The drive took longer because of the rain and the worry that my poor old tyres cannot take the torture of a long drive. My father was pleased that I took the time off to go back for his birthday. After all, I hadn’t seen him since CNY – which was in January. I had to miss Father’s Day in June because of work. And frankly speaking, if it weren’t for his birthday, I wouldn’t have gone back, because work was that heavy. And I’m slowly drowning in work and deadlines and bad morality at work.

But I’m glad I went back, nevertheless. I guess I needed a sort of break, even if I did lug my office laptop back to work on during the free moments. And I’ve always enjoyed driving back, enjoying the scenery of the green mountains and palm oil plantations and trees and bushes. The waterfall up on the mountains was as beautiful as ever, glistening in the distant, water tumbling and crashing down the slope. Morning mists and clouds hung low amongst the hill trees. Light rain drizzling throughout the drive back, seeing the sun rising slowly, shining orange and pinkish rays through the clouds.

Now I’m back at work and it sucks – big time. Never felt more sad and disenheartened about work. Well, I have lah, but that was a long time ago.

Sigh… guess I’ll have to suffer through it stoically.