Monday, February 07, 2005

Health, Harrison, Happiness and Hypnagogia

... and not necessarily in that order.

Ipoh, Ipoh
Me is back in Ipoh now. And me belatedly found out that, if I brought the office laptop back with me, I could connect the phone line and get online! Can you imagine how dumb I felt? Here I was thinking outloud to my colleague, how stranded I would be in Ipoh with no Internet, and he looks at me, saying, ‘Why so? Why not take the laptop home and you can go online.”

Then I look at him and say, ‘Because my dad doesn’t have internet line back home.’

And he goes, ‘You dong. All you need is a line. You can use your KL username and log on.’

And I was in 7Heaven when I logged on just now. Man…

Health
Just woke up from a semi-nap, after a 2-hour drive from KL. Had just recovered from a 3-day illness, which allowed me to feel up to driving the 2 hour journey, but felt the need to crash at the one and a half hour. The minute I reached, I delegated the moving of bags to my brother and made my way for the bed.

But still couldn’t quite sleep. Instead I had these characters running around in my head. Probably the fault of my brother, who had switched on the TV and the noises and conversations from the mix-match of programs merging into something like a bizarre MTV in my semi-consciousness. Yet at about 11.50am my body seemed to snap alert, because it was approaching the noon witching hour. And my mom’s advice of not sleeping at 12noon invaded my thoughts. Her mother (my dearly departed grandmother) had told her the same advice to not sleep at noon. Not good for the head it seems. Makes people heady and crazy.

And I’m thinking, I don’t need help at all.

Since I was awake, and the characters’ in my ‘nap’ was still there vividly, I dugged a pad from my old desk and wrote down what they said.



So what’s yours like?
Sporting, beautiful and brilliant. What about yours?
Eccentric, kooky,… and sexy.
Brian choked. Yo, man. You’re so gone.
He chugged down the coke. You’re telling me. I’m taking her.
Suit yourself.
He got up and tugged her arm. Let’s go.
Where to? If it aint cold, I aint goin’.
You want cold? I can do that.
And bubble milk tea. Gotta have that too.
Bubble milk tea and cold. Got it.
How about them? Aren’t they tagging along?
Nope. Brian and Jilly got other plans. Something along the lines of balls.
What?
Tennis.
Oh. Fine. Mmm, where we’re going, anywhere that I can catch a catnap?
Oh, sure. This place allows you to crash. Nice couches.
Cool. I need to crash with my bubble.
Bubb… oh yeah, your tea.

Half an hour later. You’re right. This is cool.
Naturally.
Cocky.
That too. He grinned when she chuckled.
An apron walked up. What d’ya want, G?
The usual, Sam. The lady here wants bubble milk tea… flavour? He glanced over at her.
Original, thank you.
But, of course. Original bubble, Sam, and dim the lights a little at this corner? We’re gonna catch some Zs.
No prob, hon. Be back. And the apron glided off on air pumps.
You sure it’s alright to lie here and snooze?
Hey, don’t worry about it. I’ll watch out for you. You don’t snore do you?
I’ll refrain from doing so in public.
Just checking. How long you need?
Fifteen to twenty. You?
Ten to fifteen. Go ahead.
She lay down flat on her back and made herself comfortable, opened her palms and feet open at 30 degrees, her usual yoga style.
You sleep like roadkill usually?
This is the corpse pose. Nudges you along calm and sleep.
Okie. And he snuggled down on the other couch himself, crossed his arms on his chest.
You sleep like a mummy embalmed usually?
Brings over the concerned chicks to check if I’m well and alive.
Okie.
They napped in comfortable silence, each quietly noting Sam’s softened steps and the dull chink of glasses on the table. She reached out for a sip, then she settled back.
Ten minutes later, He got up and took his mocha. He watched her chest rise and fall gently. Then he laid back down. He heard her shift a little.
You awake? He asked.
No, actually I’m floating above my body and sneering down at your rendition of King Tut.
He chuckled. His phone rang. He merely pressed a button on his earpiece. Yeah?
Yo, G. Whatcha doing?
Waiting for roadkill here to miraculously rise from her comatose.
Hey.
Wow, G. You really knocked her off her feet. I’m impressed. But do you have to do it on Barbara’s couch? It’s public, you know.
Shut up, Brian.
Listen, when your kill’s conscious, let’s meet up for eats.
If she ever regains consciousness.
I am breathing over here, you know.


Yes, I am breathing over here too. One of these days I’ll find someone to explain to me why I keep having these weird dreams and conversations in my sleep!

Harrison
I interviewed Mr FitnessMan 2005 on Thursday before I fell ill. And he was so sweet. He smsed me the next day to ask how was my day and I told him I was sick and he smsed back to tell me to take care. *beaming*

Very interesting background. Now if anyone wanted to know more about him I don’t mind a bribe. But anyway, it’s rather interesting… so interesting that it cannot be put on paper, well, at least not my magazine. Maybe the tabloid… or the entertainment magazine. Maybe I should call up my fren and ask if she wants a story on him… hmm…

But I admire his strength. He has some bumpy rides. I don’t think most people can live through what he lived through without becoming cynical, bitter and hard.

And he neither one of those. He’s sensitive, kind, warm, funny, optimistic and very very interested in what life has to offer. Someone who goes out looking for challenges and fun. Very surprising and very heart-warming to see.

He admits to being a metrosexual man. He says that his frens always exclaim over his wardrobe, because he arranges them like how the 5 guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy – like a rainbow spectrum. Some have mistaken him to be gay, but he isn’t he assures me. Hahahaa… But still no hope for women kind, cos he’s dedicated to his gurlfren. Sigh…

I'm so glad that I can log on in Ipoh...