Friday, February 04, 2005

Sick and down in the dumps

I’m sick. Scratchy throat. And usually after I get a scratchy throat, I will inevitably get a cold. And when I'm sick, I get depressed.

And in 4 days it will be CNY… sigh…

I had another one of my weird dreams last night. Which usually occurs after a significant ... change or awareness in myself… Feeling literally down in the dumps, actually.

I continuously have dreams of being lost in a public bathroom or bathhouse. Almost every year I have one of these dreams of being lost and stranded in a bathhouse that is either full, or with no doors, or broken down, and so I end up not being able to use any of the facilities somehow.

Last night I was looking for one that would allow me to take a dump, but while they had sections of just showers, and just urinals, and shower pools for kids, I couldn’t find one for taking dumps. And I was getting desperate. But even in the dream I could hold it like in real time. I walked the corridors, the impossible maze inside a bathhouse, and I’m thinking, bathhouses shouldn’t be a maze! And why can’t they all have shower curtains or doors! They were all opened!

From Dreammoods.

Bathroom
To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.


To dream that you are in a public restroom with no stalls, signifies your frustrations about getting enough privacy. It may also indicate that you are having difficulties letting go of old emotions. If you reveal these feelings, you are afraid that others around you will judge and criticize you.

To dream that you cannot find the bathroom, signifies that you are have difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions.


Well… Perhaps it’ll be different after I go over. I should keep track of my bathhouse dreams… see if it still manifests itself when I’m over in Ozzieland.