Monday, January 31, 2005

Close the door together

X: (sits beside me) so what do we do now?
Me: what do you mean ‘we’? I wash my hands off the matter.
X: you can’t! dun do this to me.
Me: I tried to help, but I get shot down, get the door slammed in my face.
X: I know. I told her that she’s unnecessarily slamming doors in clients’ face.
Me: precisely! I opened the door and I’m already inside. Now she tells me that I have to come out! Do you know how embarrassing that is?
X: I know. I know.
Me: I mean, I had the pr beside me. it was almost 100% 'go'! Now I have to tell her 'no'? I’m not doing it! You do it.
X: So how about we walk through the door together.
Me: I’m not walking anymore especially after what that woman said.
X: well, I still need you to open doors for me.
Me: I ain’t doing it anymore. You open the doors yourself.
X: dun abandon me. Open the door for me.
Me: ok, what I’ll do is give you the key. You open the door yourself. Ok? Then you close the door yourself.
X: dun lah. Ok, u open the door for me. I’ll walk in and negotiate. Then we close the door together, ok?
Me: hmph.

X: got no choice cos that woman is like that...


Don’t mind us. The walls have ears. And so we resort to silly substitutes.