Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Are there Spirits in your office?

Has anyone ever experienced the feeling that you are not alone in the office at 7.30am, when there is no one else?

I have. And guess what? I’m not the only one.

This morning over breakfast my mom told me that she actually felt something chilly travel from her shoulders to her neck. She said that she was particularly early in the office at around 7.30am, there was no one around, there wasn’t anyone in the other offices on her floor. She really was the only person around.

Just as she was wondering why the next door office wasn’t around yet (cos a lady in the next door office came very early too), she felt a very cold draft surround her. Bear in mind, her office was a very warm place even with the air-con on, cos it wasn’t powerful enough. Then she felt a chill travel up her neck to the back of her head and goosebumps started all over her arms.

Scared, she did the sign of the cross – twice. But the goosebumps didn’t go. She remembered her rosary and went to get it out of her bag. When she put it on the table, the chills went away and so did the goosebumps.

I believe her. Cos I’ve felt a presence in my office sometimes when I’m really early. But I’ve never experienced chills. But those few times that I felt something, I ignored it cos it wouldn’t do to dwell on it now, would it? Besides, I didn’t do anything. So, don’t fear it.

But I’ve dreamt of one being in the office. As usual I’m so early in the office, I’m very sleepy. So I sleep on my table. And I dreamt of the office. It was dark, with greenish mist surrounding us. It was scary. And the few colleagues I dreamt in it were scared cos they kept saying that ‘it’ was coming, ‘it’ was coming. But for some reason, we all couldn’t run. We had to stay put. And I knew the precise moment ‘it’ arrived. I turned my head. It was a dark figure with a greenish light around it, and I ‘saw’ it approaching me, hand stretched out towards me. I woke up, almost gasping and panting. I was a little terrified. I looked around the office, but all was quiet.

I haven’t had any more dreams or experience since then.

I can look back now and think that that dream happened when my spirits were quite down. Probably one of those days I’m affected by my mom or the family situation. Since young, I’ve known that my ‘spirit’ was ‘high’, that I couldn’t see ghosts and spirits, even if I wanted to; cos they were too afraid to meet people like me with such ‘high’ spirits. But when you were particular down, spirits low, you will be vulnerable and susceptible to ‘experiencing’ them. My mom has been very obviously down and low in spirits for the past week or so.

Has anyone ‘experienced’ them?