Thursday, March 03, 2005

I'll be waiting

Hush, dearling, please don’t you cry
The time has come and I must be gone

Hush dearling, please don’t you sigh
The sun has set and I must be home

Where I’ve gone is Heaven
A place fill with birds, trees and
yes, even cats
Here, see me, waiting here
by the brook we used to walk


Where I am is sunny and open
A place filled with water, bones and
yes, interesting smells
Here, see me, waiting here
by the fence we used to stand


Keep my rug
You’ll need it for the younger ones
Keep my picture
I like it when you show your friends
But most of all
Keep my ball
I’ll need it when I see you
To continue that game of tug-o-war
While the sun sets
While the time passes
I won’t budge
I’ll be right here
Waiting for you


~ How I'd like to think of what all my beloved dogs feel when they leave me. For Pua and Averie and the whole family, I'm sure this is what Shanahan feels.