Monday, March 07, 2005

My posse dun like u

Lunchtime at my office now is a more enjoyable feature. We have about 6 – 8 people, sometimes 10, gathering for lunch. The best thing, we are all from different departments.

We used to eat on our own before the influx of newcomers. From these 10 people, only 2 are oldtimers, meaning having served in the company for at least 6 months and more. That’s me and YS from IT. Me being the longest here already. One reason why we didn’t eat together before was that I would be hungry earlier, or would eat earlier because of functions. The rest don’t have the luxury of being able to eat earlier and can only go out for lunch at only 1, or 12.30pm the earliest. Now, I munch on something, or wait till 12.30pm.

But I’m saddened to find out recently that the rest of the gurls don’t really like the guy, the only guy in our group. I mean, there were times that I felt he was very tactless in his comments about a gurl’s size in our group. But because I’m always joking with him, the other gurls didn’t tell me about how they felt. Till today. That's why they were not keen on watching a movie with him tagging along.

Well, the majority wins. I have no problem not going to the movies with him, so I said let some of us pretend that we are not able to make it to the movie so we will cancel, but in actual fact, we are going to watch just the same. Just us gurls. Without him.

I guess I’m too thick-skinned to bother about what he says. I mean, he had commented that I need to go for more exercise and that I have a tummy before. But I ignored him. I didn’t let it get to me. When you’ve been listening to such comments and worst, from your mother, all your life, you tend to get a little thick-skinned and comments made by outsiders tend to bounce off. I guess the other gurl just need to tone up her armour.

I feel badly for him, cos the gurls feel that way about him. I've never had any problems with him. But I guess… these things happen. There are all sorts of people around us. Some we can’t stand. Some we just don’t want to spend too much company in.

Do you guys feel bad for him?