Monday, April 18, 2005

One for the memory box

I had a good weekend cos I was staying with my best friend. My mom and I figured that we should start to get my brother acquainted with the situation of when I will not be around. To get him used to that feeling. So from time to time I will ‘go away’ to stay with my best friend. Last weekend was the first time.

I stayed Friday night and Saturday night. Saturday saw us going to Midvalley for a short while; she had something to do, so I took myself on a little window shopping, I went to MPH to haunt my fav authors’ aisles, and then treated myself to a nice cup of latte at Delifrance.

After she had done her thing, we met up for lunch. A very healthy one – sandwich shared between us and a detox fruit juice each. Then did some grocery shopping. We went back, lazed around, played with her dog a while, watched her springclean and organize her really messy room, watched the last hour of Femme Fatale (which was good, I must go get the VCD or DVD) and then had dinner with crab – hmm.

Woke up early on Sunday, grabbed a yogurt before dashing out for yoga. Felt really good. Had a fruit lunch. I must say that weekends are really the only time to eat healthy. And really, I wouldn’t have so fruity a weekend if I had been home. Ah well. I shall introduce it to my family slowly.

All too soon I had to pack up to leave. I didn’t want to move from the sofa, watching my best friend’s family tease the dog mad, and wished that my weekends could be this easy-going and not so tension-fraught. If I were home, I had to watched what I said, what I did or didn’t do. I knew that this was one of those memories that I would keep inside my memory box.

I just came back from a morning event at the Eastin Hotel with my marketing colleague S., where I met E. my ex-colleague who had jumped to a rival magazine doing sales and a fellow writer/editor, LJ, whom I’ve met at a lot of events since I started working at my current company and have become fast friends. We had such a good time, eating and chatting, exchanging info of the industry, sharing past experiences and laughing over jokes. We even lingered over refilled cups of tea, plucking the petals of the red rose on the table. I made a potpourri of rose petals in tea… Poor rose...

We were reluctant to part. It was a good bonding and sharing time. I know I shall always remember the four of us at the table, with torn red rose petals scattered all over, on the table and in tea cups. That’s another one for the memory box.

Got an email from Shu Uemura’s marketing manager that I cannot get a copy of the music played during one of their joint hair/makeup shows early this year. I had fallen in love with the music, which was specially compiled for that event. But the manager said that there was too many red and blue tape to go through to get it for me. Damn… it was good… sigh… another beautiful memory for that box.