Monday, April 11, 2005

Wet Monday morning

This morning was a really wet, wet morning… while I was pleased with the rain, I was sad. There was this poignant ache inside of me that begged to be soothed… but I knew no way to soothe it…

If I could, if I had a convertible, I would leave the top off and drive down the endless highway to nowhere… while it rained, while my heart cried…

I had a vision of myself… stopping the car by a field and running through the grass, with no care or thought of anything or anyone… there may be a war behind me, there may be people shouting my name, but I would not hear a thing…

All I would hear, would be the pounding of my heart in my ears, the thundering of blood racing in my veins, the clamouring of voices screaming to be set free in my mind…

Black Monday? Blue Monday? No……..

It was a sad, beautiful Monday that cried and cried and I struggled not to cry with it.

In the end, the pounding could not be repelled, the thundering could not be gentled, the clamouring could not be silenced…

And still I yearn to kiss the rain…