Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Jack and Ash

I started to call them both Jack and Jill, then I corrected myself in time, and thought, If I gave them the names of Jack and Bill, it would be so quaint. But I already had the name Ash in my head cos of his colouring.

So it’s Jack and Ash.

Ash is the good natured one. He allows me to feed him his meds, while Jack balks at me medicating him and will back away if he can. He even bit me on two days ago. Hmph. I had to medicate myself with tea tree oil!

I have a feeling today might be the day they walk off and never look back.

They were with their mother in the drain when I came back from work yesterday. Or maybe it was just that mommycat wanted to spend time with them, ensure they’re alright, but did not take them far cos she knows that they are getting the care they need. But I know they will run off when they are well. And I’m okay with that.

I can’t keep them. My mom will chuck me out the door before she chucks them out. But she’s been willing to let me medicate them, keep them in the house at night, so I’m very grateful as it is. I don’t need to keep them. I’m happy just knowing that I was finally able to take care of my beloved kin folk… short it may be, I’m happy. (smile)