Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Do you know where you're going to?

Do you know where you’re going to?

No, I don’t.

Do you like the things that life is showing you?

Not everything. Some I can do without. Some I wish could have happened earlier… who knows it might have changed my whole perspective on certain things in my life. I might be totally different from who I am today.

Where are you going to, do you know?

Seriously? No. But I would hazard a guess that I am only following a course that my mind has tentatively set, a course that my eyes can see only so far ahead. Life is a highway, with many interchanging routes, in my opinion, that is. At some point I might develop brain fever and swerve off my intended route and journey onto another that seem brighter, shinier and more rewarding. Yet that route might not lead me to my original imagined reward…

Do you get what you’re hoping for, when you look behind you there’s no open door?

At times the closed door is a blessing in disguise. It prevents me from looking back and becoming too pessimistic and doing harm to myself, because instead of a door, I find an alleyway. Dark and cold and lonesome, they are, most of the times, but it is a pathway. Where I emerge out at the end is another story.

What are you hoping for, do you know?

Freedom to do what I want. Freedom with no strings attached, no boundaries, no fears. I hope that all my dreams come true. I hope that I will obtain inner peace and fill the hole inside of me. I hope that I can bring love to everyone I know. I do think that, as cliches go, what the world needs now is love.

I hope that the world will love. No killing, no fighting, no diseases, no anger... Not too much to ask for? But maybe too much to hope for?