Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

I know that I will forever have clashes with my mom. But I acknowledge and am grateful all the things that she has done for me, the things she has sacrificed for me.

How she believed me when I told her of a teacher who treated me unfairly in Sunday School, and how she pulled me out without questions asked.

How she supported me emotionally, physically and financially when my father disowned me. And took out ALL her hard-earned savings to put me through university.

How she always told me to strive to be better than what other people say I'm only capable of.

How she gave her unconditional love, in spite of all the injustice done to her, in spite of losing what was rightfully hers.

Today she received this sms from her ex-colleague, and I've been forwarding it to my friends and aunts. Bcause it was lovely.


"It would take a thousand workers to build a castle, a million soldiers to protect a country, but only 1 woman to build a happy home."


I wish all mothers a 'Happy Mother's Day'.