Wednesday, October 26, 2005

NaNoWriMo 2005

Yes, I've joined the madness.. God help me....

What made me decide?

Perhaps it was the mad dream I had last night of this really dark-haired, dark-eyed, manly man of a man who was pursuing me all over the country. Perhaps it was the previous night when I dreamt of being sarcastically taunted by a new colleague in an office that weirdly resembles a factory-cum-staff room. Perhaps it was the horror of having dreamt (two nights ago) that I was being mugged on the backstreet, that eeriely resembled the street I got lost on yesterday morning when I went out for an interview!!

In the dizzying half-sleep, half-comatose state I woke in this morning, I logged on to get an email from a egroup talking about the NaNoWriMo.

And I decided that I might as well make full use of the stupid convoluted dreams I've been having lately! My weird dreams saga is happening again... for the past few days these odd dreams really don't mean a thing but I know they have been made up of pieces of things I know, do, hear and make up a hodgepooch of convoluted events that fairly had my heart thumping when I jerk awake.... complete with soundtrack in the background, in my head... it's weird.. but I haven't been listening to Damien Rice's song for about a week already (I had been making myself depressed!!) and his song was (yes, it had to be 'Delicate') was playing ever so vividly!! And it had to be the perfect accompaniement to that dream about that guy chasing after me... relentless.. sigh... *fanning face* ... a gurl should be so lucky to have someone so persistent... shouldn't she?

And maybe after I hit the 50,000 words (yes, I will!!) length, I'll look about for a publisher eh? Yay!!! Time to move my writer's butt man.. I've been procrastinating for too long... years!!! And since I'm not working, time should not be the excuse for me for not finishing 50,000 words! Watch me!

Will update more on the writing and the genre I'll be writing about and the sleepless nights regularly!