Wednesday, November 09, 2005

(NO Work)Choices, Immigrants-turned-Terrorists and going Flaky

Ever felt so frustrated that you wanted either to go on a rampage or to just hide away in a nice dark room and never have to talk to anyone?

I felt that way last week. Managed it quite nicely, but only with avoiding my cousin.

Cousin: Always restless, always bored, always looking for victims to tease.
Easy target for cousin: Me
Actions undertaken: Apply nicknames that seem funny in his mind. Eg. penguin.
Nature: Person who deems people content to reside at home, not spend money, gallivanting around town, as ‘boring’.

Ok. So he does sound rather mean in the above mentioned cataloguing, but he isn’t that bad. I just don’t like to have to deal with people who find it so easy to tease me on a daily basis. Makes me wanna punch them. Cos I can’t give as good as I get. Which I blame it all on my mom. But since mom ain’t here, I need to brush up on my repartee skills, don’t I? That’s ok. I’m willing to give it time.

Job hunting is frustrating. Which makes me wanna scream to every young immigrant-wanna-be in Malaysia to wake up and smell the sambal in the air! What makes them think that they can get a job as easily as the next Sheila or Mate in Oz!?!!

Yes, I’m being negative. But it’s the truth. And the latest industrial relations proposal isn’t helping immigrants like me. Not unless Oz is planning to send their own Emu-fied rocket ship into space, then you being a rocket scientist helps.

And of course, you have to think about the colour of your skin. These days, it’s dangerous to be brown, otherwise you could be suspected as terrorists. Tell you something; if I were a terrorist, I would stay in the community that seems to sprout them as fast as weeds do.

I mean, I’m in the right place at the right time eh? Terrorists in Melbourne. What excellent timing! But am glad I’m in neither of those areas where they were located and arrested. You would think that they shouldn’t congregate in their own communities, attempting to create bombs… talk about dumb… and it's true, it is like biting the hand that fed them...

But it is worrying. Cos there were only 17 arrested. What if there were more? Right next to me! *gasp* Could it be that nice little old lady who goes to Waverly Gardens every day for her daily walks (don’t ask) is actually going around the hardware shops looking for spare parts to assemble to her miniature Molotov cocktail? Or is that seemingly quiet man across the street, who waters his garden on Wednesdays (and it’s so hot today!! Such a kind man towards his bushes!!), is actually scouting this neighbourhood for plainsclothed police hiding behind hedges, waiting to pounce on his cronies in the backyard shed, trying to figure out with screwdriver is more suitable?

Or maybe I’m just a demented Nanowrimo writer whose going crazy attempting to reach 50,000 words, but for the past few days have not written a single word!!

Whatever. Like my mom who narrowly escaped the riot between the Chinese and Malays back in 1969, “If I had to go then, I would be gone.”

So if I’m blown into bits at the MCG at the Commonwealth Games next year despite Howard’s attempts to stop terrorists attacks, c’est la vie.

I shall start stocking up on Flake tomorrow onwards…