Friday, June 18, 2004

Of dreams and reality

I finally remembered some parts of my dream last night. I did in the morning as I groggily went about my business. But I had forgotten all about it as soon as I stepped out the toilet. And now it suddenly came to me.

I was having some kind of function which needed computers and LCD projectors. Steven was there, and another colleague, but I cannot remember who, but it isn’t someone from here, rather it reminded me of Jong Yang… I dunno why that is so… But I remember feeling that the function was rather smooth, and that I didn’t need to hassle anyone or fix any problems.

Convention
To dream that you are at a convention, represents your need for contact and communication. You need to keep in mind that the choices you make with effect those around you. The dream is also a metaphor for bring various aspects of yourself together. Consider the type of convention for additional clues as to what may be lacking in your life.

Computer
To see a computer in your dream, symbolizes technology, information, and modern life. New areas of opportunities are being opened to you. Alternatively, computers also represent a lack of individuality and non-expression of emotions and feelings. Too often you are just going along with the flow, without voicing your own opinions and views. You may also feel a depreciated sense of superiority.

Coworker
To see your coworkers in your dream highlights aspects of your waking relationship with them, including difficulties/support. It signifies your ambition, struggles and competitive nature. If the coworkers in your dream are not your actual coworkers, then they may pertain to some psychological business that you need to work on.



Then suddenly I was in the bus, and just before my stop, I paused to place my bag on the floor, and wanted to go wash my hands at the washing area on the side of the bus (imagine a bus having this!). At the back of my mind, I was thinking that someone might steal my bag the minute I turned my back, then thought, ‘Nah’, yet I turned back to bring it with me to the washing bowl, and saw that a thief, a guy from across the aisle, calmly flinch my bag, and I quickly went up to him and took it back and loudly scolded him for stealing my bag.

And then I woke up.


Bus
To dream that you are riding a bus, implies that you are going along with the crowd. You are lacking originality and are taking no control over where your life is taking.

Bag
To see a bag in your dream, represents the responsibilities that you carry. If the bag is ripped or torn, then it indicates that you are carrying a lot of burden. To dream of a bag full of junk, symbolizes that you are burdened with worries and problems; you have to find a way on unloading some of this load.

Washing
It may symbolize the cleansing away of unhappy experiences or emotions in your life.

Thief
To dream that you are a witness to a theft, indicates that others are wasting and stealing your time, energy, and ideas.



And it all makes awful sense now… See why I believe in dreams?


Note: All info on dream content was borrowed from Dreammoods. This is just to help interpret my own dreams.